There are a lot of ways I could choose to describe myself.
Usually, I’d start by telling you I’m a Super Aries, which means exactly everything you think it means. I’m fiery, independent, exceedingly direct, and I do not suffer fools gladly – or really, at all.
Next, I’d tell you that if I could be any animal, I would be a house cat: the heart of a wildcat and retaining that autonomy, but taking comfort in being part of a family. Also, naps.
I’d probably brag to you about riding my own Harley-Davidson motorcycle and how free it makes feel, but then immediately explain how I mitigate as many risks as I can and ride in the safest way possible, covered in protective gear from head to toe.
I would also make sure to tell you that I’m a feminist, consciously working on intersectionality and inclusivity. I’d admit that I’m always screwing up, and continually learning more about what that means and how to show up as a leader.
I would then share with you that I consider myself a bit of a dichotomous personality. I’m not always what I seem. Meet me on any given day, and you might be surprised. Get to know me, and you might be even more so.
The biggest thing I would tell you about myself is that I am passionate about choice. I have chosen my life. I’ve chosen to explore all the things I truly want for myself. I’ve chosen to embrace my independence, my curiosity, my defiance of traditional societal constraints. I’ve chosen to be utterly, unquestionably, exactly who I am, every single day.
And as a conscious businesswoman, I’m focused on shining a light on that choice in others. I have a gift for understanding all kinds of people, building instant rapport, asking questions that get right to the heart of the matter, and bringing women together and providing a safe space for exploring their choices, struggles, dichotomies, and exactly who they are.
I believe it’s time to place yourself back into your own hands, and I believe the only way to do that is to choose discovery for yourself.
So, hi! I’m Kourtney, and I’m the Founder of the Choice Discovery Movement.
- I’m a wife and partner to the sexiest, most amazingly talented and inspiring, Silver Fox husband of the year.
- I’m a cat lover at heart, though I also love dogs, and have been known to tame even the most threatening of beasts (Hi, Jorge the Chihuahua!).
- I’m a Harley-Davidson enthusiast, and I ride my Softail Deluxe with spandex shorts under my leathers.
- I’m a cake fiend, and wholeheartedly believe it never needs an occasion.
- I’m a hiker, and I live for the mountains and the moon.
- I’m a hugger, but I’ve got a killer handshake that always catches people off guard.
- I’m a summer woman, and no, I don’t like the cold, even though I grew up Up North.
- I’m a book nerd through and through, with a bias toward science fiction and fantasy.
- I’m a total gym rat, and I will lift arm day every day of the week if left to my own devices.
- I’m a voracious learner, and that can mean anything from social justice to creative writing.