There are a lot of ways I could choose to describe myself.
Usually, I’d start by telling you I’m a Super Aries, which means exactly everything you think it means. I’m fiery, independent, exceedingly direct, and I do not suffer fools gladly – or really, at all.
Next, I’d tell you that if I could be any animal, I would be a house cat: the heart of a wildcat and retaining that autonomy, but taking comfort in being part of a family. Also, naps.
I’d probably brag to you about riding my own Harley-Davidson motorcycle and how free it makes feel, but then immediately explain how I mitigate as many risks as I can and ride in the safest way possible, covered in protective gear from head to toe.
I would also make sure to tell you that I’m a feminist, consciously working on intersectionality and inclusivity. I’d admit that I’m always screwing up, and continually learning more about what that means and how to show up as a leader.
I would then share with you that I consider myself a bit of a dichotomous personality. I’m not always what I seem. Meet me on any given day, and you might be surprised. Get to know me, and you might be even more so.
The biggest thing I would tell you about myself is that I am passionate about choice. I have chosen my life. I’ve chosen to explore all the things I truly want for myself. I’ve chosen to embrace my independence, my curiosity, my defiance of traditional societal constraints. I’ve chosen to be utterly, unquestionably, exactly who I am, every single day.
And as a conscious businesswoman, I’m focused on shining a light on that choice in others. I have a gift for understanding all kinds of people, building instant rapport, asking questions that get right to the heart of the matter, and bringing women together and providing a safe space for exploring their choices, struggles, dichotomies, and exactly who they are.
It’s not always easy, but it is always worth it. Every struggle, every story, leads only to more strength – for all of us.
So, hi! I’m Kourtney, and we’re totally in this together.
- I’m a wife and partner to the sexiest, most amazingly talented and inspiring, Silver Fox husband of the year.
- I’m a cat lover at heart, though I also love dogs, and have been known to tame even the most threatening of beasts (Hi, Jorge the Chihuahua!).
- I’m a Harley-Davidson enthusiast, and I ride my Softail Deluxe with spandex shorts under my leathers.
- I’m a cake fiend, and wholeheartedly believe it never needs an occasion.
- I’m a hiker, and I live for the mountains and the moon.
- I’m a hugger, but I’ve got a killer handshake that always catches people off guard.
- I’m a summer woman, and no, I don’t like the cold, even though I grew up Up North.
- I’m a book nerd through and through, with a bias toward science fiction and fantasy.
- I’m a total gym rat, and I will lift arm day every day of the week if left to my own devices.
- I’m a voracious learner, and that can mean anything from social justice to creative writing.