Do you ever feel like you’ve been to one too many motivational talks that are just…not motivational?
It’s like you’re hearing the same old stuff, over and over again. And we’re past that, you know?
I’m right there with you.
We really don’t need another “Start before you’re ready!” kind of talk. Or a “Here’s the exact way to do it” lunch-and-learn. Or an hour spent thinking to yourself, “Wow, this is a waste of my time and I’m really not getting anything out of it.”
Well, good thing, because this is not that.
Every speaking engagement and workshop I do is an entirely new energy. It’s not about a system or a “rah-rah,” it’s about sharing ideas. Starting powerful conversations. There will be useful information and takeaways for sure, but I promise you, they’ll be the meaningful kind. The kind that actually inspire change and action.
So whaddya say? Hire the speaker who’s going to connect with your audience on a relatable level, leave everyone thinking, “Well, that really gives me a lot to think about,” and get you feeling that you can conquer the world.
I’ve got a couple signature speeches available and listed below, but I’m pretty easy to talk to, and a few of my favorite “pull up a seat” conversations are around values, boundaries, awareness, stories, and fears. I’m happy to build a talk or workshop around exactly what your group needs.
Check out a sampling of my previous speaking engagements here.
Unleash your more: In 5 life lessons from Dolly Parton.
We’re flooded with noise about the RIGHT way to constantly maximize success, happiness, and balance — all the time, always. But the RIGHT way is whatever way works best for YOU. End of story. I can share how we can move past the shiny surface to figure out how you want to show up — and then craft a plan to make it happen.
- Understand all the factors at play in your current definitions of success, happiness, and balance and how they might be holding you back from the things you want
- Learn how to redefine those definitions to your right ways
- Discover strategies to make those right ways work for you to create lasting motivation, change, and fulfillment
Your resilience toolkit: 4 surprising skills to set you up for strength in any situation
What’s in your toolkit? As women in business, we find ourselves faced with both new and amplified challenges on the daily. Overwhelm and obligations for work, home, and self don’t go away, but our sense of how to deal with them in the face of change, uncertainty, and isolation can falter. Set up for success with 4 unexpected (but wildly effective) ways to get grounded, stand strong, and respond quickly, confidently, and authentically – no matter the situation.
- Understand your personal foundation – and why it’s so important for building resilience
- Discover the best way to stay connected to your purpose and vision
- Learn the most important and effective skills to integrate into your daily life for better outcomes everywhere
Uncomplicated healthy living: Feel good, get results, focus on what matters.
As a busy professional (see also: exhausted and overwhelmed), it can feel like a Herculean feat to focus on your career and building success – while still finding time for family, fun, and fitness. It’s not surprising that, often, at least one of those things ends up taking a back seat. (I’ll let you guess which one.) The good news is, nobody needs to be a mythical legend to fit in fitness and health and still be a business badass. Real results are out there for really busy professional people, and it’s time to find the way that works for you.
- Learn how to identify your barriers to healthy living in an open and honest way
- Discover a new approach to addressing those challenges in ways that don’t feel overwhelming and awful
- Walk away with practical tips and ideas you can implement immediately to integrate your version of healthy living into your daily life
Compassion in Leadership: Why it’s important and how to cultivate more
We often think of leadership skills as a set of fixed, hard, quantifiable competencies. But what we know to be true in practice is that it’s actually the soft skills that get the most results, build the best cultures and teams, and ultimately achieve the most holistic, fulfilling, meaningful success for companies and individuals. Join Kourtney as she showcases one of the most effective leadership skills and how you can cultivate it to become a more effective and impactful leader: compassion.
- An outline of a new approach for building leadership skills that lead to impact
- An understanding of how to utilize compassion for better outcomes for teams, clients, and self
- Specific practices to implement more compassion as a leader into daily work and life
Self-care beyond the bubble bath: What it actually is and how to truly care for your Self
Self-care is a buzzy word that’s all the rage, but is it something we’re actually doing a good job of achieving? There’s a difference between self-care shoulds and self-care that actually works, and giving ourselves permission to make that happen can be a game-changer for our personal wellbeing. Join Kourtney to learn what self-care really is, how it can benefit us personally and professionally if we’re intentional about it, and how to incorporate it in real, effective, and effortless ways.
- An introduction of what true self-care is, why it’s important, and all the benefits associated with practicing it
- Present specific frameworks and action steps to address barriers to true self-care and begin implementing it without guilt
- An understanding of how to prioritize self-care for better personal and professional outcomes – beyond workouts and baths
How to make networking work – without picking brains
Networking can feel like such a dirty word, and often, a real drag of a task. Everybody dreads the “can I pick your brain?” conversation, and nobody wants to just collect business cards anymore. But networking doesn’t have to look like that. In fact, a new perspective on it that benefits all parties can completely change your career – and life – over time. Join Kourtney for this session to learn how to make networking work for you, no yuck required. It’s an approach that can serve introverts, extroverts, and everyone in between.
- A framework for figuring out your networking whys and how to achieve them
- An outline of a new approach to networking that will help overcome barriers and challenges in ways that don’t feel overwhelming or awkward
- 10 specific step-by-step strategies to begin networking effectively for business and personal goals
Feel like you’ve got a million things on your plate, along with a million hopes and dreams, and no way to sort it all out?
I get that.
You would absolutely not be alone if you were to tell me you felt a little lost and wanted – needed – more clarity and direction in your life. And you definitely wouldn’t be the only one who’s out there struggling through it on your own, wishing for a little support and guidance on how to break things down, and motivation for next steps.
Not to brag, but that’s my specialty.
Join me for The Get it Sorted Session and find your direction.
In this safe space for women, free of judgment and full of understanding, we will work through major topics relating to body image, self-image, and what’s holding us back from living our most free and genuine life. You will walk away feeling in clear control, with tools and framework to set goals and take action on the priorities that matter most to you.
Above all, you will gain confidence in your choices. You will learn exactly what happy and healthy means for you, and how to make that a reality, on your terms.
A sampling of what we’ll cover:
- Breaking down conditioning and messaging we have received as women, and how that relates to our self-image
- Discussing the connection between physical confidence and confidence everywhere else
- Connecting our personal conditioning to our lived reality and how it manifests itself daily
- Looking at our meaning for exercise, health, and wellness
- Uncovering our stories and narratives
- Exploring our shoulds, fears, and permission
- Pinpointing what’s holding us back
- Articulating our values
- Determining our priorities
- Defining one next step
- Tools for change and confident decision-making
All that might sound like a lot for one workshop. And, well, it is.
I can tell you that it’s covered in a way that will land, make sense, and actually be usable and applicable for you going forward. The Get it Sorted Session is a big day that’s meant to give you some big stuff to take away.
I can also tell you with confidence that all of the women who have attended the workshop previously gave rave reviews and have implemented the ideas, knowledge, and tools they learned in the workshop in their daily lives. (Their feedback is listed below.)
I’ll also be clear and say that while the Session covers a lot, it can’t cover everything, and there might be parts that deserve a more in-depth look. Even a full day of this work can be exhausting and overwhelming. So yeah, if someone wants to continue down that road with more support, I’m available. But so we’re on the same page, this isn’t just an intro.
Each of the points above (and honestly, quite a few more that I didn’t put in the description!) get actively covered in the workshop through a unique combination of different activities and brainstorming, discussions (as a group and in pairs), individual reflection time and on-your-own worksheets (which you can take with you and re-use), and bits of time of me talking.
It all works together to make for a really special day.
The Get it Sorted Session can be facilitated as a full-day workshop (6 hours, including coffee, water, and lunch), or in a 3-week format (three 90-minute sessions, three consecutive weeks). To keep the group engaged and intimate, space is very limited.
So, are you in for sorting it out?
Contact me to learn about the next Get it Sorted Session or schedule one for your group today!
“I gained confidence in my abilities, and in my own decision making. You set me on a path of being in tune with who I am. You provided a safe place for me to reveal my true self.”
“This workshop was SO. MUCH. MORE. than I came here for! I’ve been challenged to think outside of all the boxes the world says you have to be in.”
“I am much better at assessing my current obligations and goals, prioritizing what is most important for a given period of time, and really focusing on those goals – without the guilt from what I am putting on the back burner since I know I can always make it a priority in the future.”
“The workshop was amazing. I spent pretty much the last 8 years of my life choosing by not choosing, and it resulted in so many bad things and nearly ruined my marriage. I wish I had met you earlier, but I probably wouldn’t have been ready to do the work until now.”